The 5 Best Kitchen Torch Culinary Reviews in 2021
Ever wondered how to make the perfect caramelized top for a crème brulee?
Are you looking for the best way to sear the top of your sous vide steak?
Interested in making your own roast peppers at home?
In all of these instances, among other culinary applications, the best kitchen torch will be a handy tool. It will allow you to play with fire and be creative in your recipes.
Which culinary blow torch should I buy? If you are asking this question, you have a good reason to keep on reading. We will give you buying insights and recommend some of the top-rated options that should be part of your list!
Table of Contents
- What are the Uses of a Kitchen Torch
- How to Choose the Best Kitchen Torch
- How to Use a Butane Torch Properly and Safely
- Top-Rated Options for the Best Kitchen Torch
- 1. JB Chef Culinary Micro Butane Torch
- 2. GiBot Blow Torch Lighter
- 3. Jo Chef Professional Culinary Torch
- 4. Kitchen Sophisticate Professional Culinary Torch
- 5. Spicy Dew Blow Torch
- 6. Pepe Nero Cooking Torch
- 7. Yummy Tools Chef Torch
- 8. EurKitchen Culinary Butane Torch
- 9. TedGem Culinary Torch
- 10. Iwatani PRO2 Culinary Butane Torch
What are the Uses of a Kitchen Torch
The sky is the limit when it comes to how you can choose a blowtorch at home, including the following:
- Caramelize sugar in your cream brulee
- Add gloss to the exterior of your chocolate ganache
- Sear your sous vide steak to perfection
- Brown the lemon on your meringue pie
- Melt cheese
- Roast vegetables and peppers
- Create a charred exterior for marshmallows
- Make the skin of the fish crispy
- Create woody or smoky cocktails
The list could go on, but we’ll stop here! You can be as creative as you want when thinking of the different ways to use a blowtorch, not only n the kitchen, but even in DIY tasks.
How to Choose the Best Kitchen Torch
To make it easier for you to weigh the pros and cons of the possibilities, here are some of the things that you should look for in a blow torch:
- Ease of Use: A blow torch that is made of lightweight materials is great because it will be user-friendly. It should also have an ergonomic design so that you won’t have to compromise your comfort while using the culinary torch.
- Safety: Pay attention to the safety features of the blow torch. The most important is perhaps a safety lock, which will prevent the gas from flowing and the flame from activating unless you are ready.
- Flame Adjustment: This is important in terms of versatility You must be able to adjust the strength of the flame so that you can customize it based on the intended applications. Also, consider the maximum temperature that can be reached by the flame, which is usually 2,500 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Fuel Gauge: This might seem a fancy feature, but it is actually useful. It makes it easy for you to know when you are running out of fuel.
- Reviews: Take the time to read reviews from actual users so that you can learn from their experiences.
- Warranty: A culinary torch that comes with a lifetime warranty and money-back guarantee will provide you with peace of mind.
How to Use a Butane Torch Properly and Safely
To make the most out of your butane torch, here are some of the most important things you have to keep in mind:
- Always maintain a proper distance between the flame and the surface at which you intend to apply the flame. If it is too close, you will end up burning the food, which is sure to be a frustrating situation!
- Have the flame pulled back a little away from what you are browning. Make sure to move consistently and fast. Do not concentrate all the heat in a specific portion. By doing a sweeping motion, the outcomes will be more consistent.
- See to it that the end of the flame is blue, which means that the level of heat is just right. If it turns orange or yellow, this is an indication that the temperature is too hot.
- Before you turn on the torch, clean the area and keep away paper, towels, or anything else that can be blown and burnt.
- Store the culinary torch in a safe place, out of reach of children. Keep it away from direct sources of heat or anything that is flammable.
- Use the torch as if it is a loaded gun. Do not point it directly to someone else. Think before you push the ignition button.
Top-Rated Options for the Best Kitchen Torch
This section will give you a glimpse of some of the top products that are well-received on the market, as well as the reasons why they are favored by many.
1. JB Chef Culinary Micro Butane Torch
This mini torch lighter is an ideal option for those who are looking for an affordable pick. It is easy on the wallet, yet it does not run out of features that make this an exceptional product.
Best for professional use, one of its top features is the adjustable torch strength, which will make it possible to customize the strength of the flame depending on the intended application.
This torch also comes with a safety lock. With the locking mechanism, the torch will not blow unless you are ready to use it.
The craftsmanship is also impressive. It is not only durable but it also has an ergonomic design that makes sure of your comfort, even during an extended period of use.
For your peace of mind, the manufacturer is offering a lifetime guarantee. If you do not like it, just let the manufacturer know and they will issue a replacement or a refund.
This product does not come with a butane fuel.
2. GiBot Blow Torch Lighter
Safety is one of the best assets of this blow torch. There is a security lock that will prevent its accidental ignition, which is a good feature if you have kids around the house. It also has a wide base so that the torch will not tip.
This is also exceptional in terms of durability, which can be attributed to its aluminum alloy body. Such a material is also lightweight, making it easy to hold the torch even for a prolonged period.
The flame also has an adjustable flame intensity. According to the manufacturer, it can reach a maximum temperature of up to 2,500 degrees Fahrenheit.
There is also a continuous fire mode, which can be activated by holding the nozzle and turning it clockwise.
3. Jo Chef Professional Culinary Torch
Whether it is for searing meat or finishing meringue, among others, this is another culinary torch that you should consider to be a gourmet chef at home. Even if you are a novice, it has safety features that will provide you with complete peace of mind.
There is also an adjustable flame feature so that you can customize the heat depending on a specific application.
You can purchase this product without any risk! Your satisfaction is guaranteed. If you are unhappy with the way it performs, get in touch with the manufacturer and they will provide an unconditional refund.
4. Kitchen Sophisticate Professional Culinary Torch
This is another multi-use culinary torch. It comes with a Smart Adjustable Flame, providing you with the freedom to customize its use. This is possible through the gas flow regulator, which controls the amount of fuel that creates the flame.
For your peace of mind, on the other hand, it comes with a safety lock, which will help in the prevention of accidental ignition. The torch will be ready only when you are ready as well!
The cylinder body of the torch is easy to grip. There is also a well-balanced base that allows it to stand on its own.
Lastly, it is also good to know that the manufacturer is offering a money-back guarantee to customers who are not satisfied with their purchase.
5. Spicy Dew Blow Torch
If you are looking for a professional torch that can deliver impressive performance, this is one product that deserves to be looked at. It is a multipurpose tool for cooking and beyond. If you are into DIY tasks, such as making jewelry, this will also be a promising tool.
With the premium construction of this torch, you can be guaranteed that your safety won’t be compromised. There is a child-safety lock to prevent its unauthorized use.
The product also has a flame-adjustable knob.
There is also a fuel gauge indicator, which will let you know when there is a need for a refill. This prevents running out of butane!
Lastly, the manufacturer offers three-year warranty and 90-day unconditional refund if you are unhappy with the torch.
6. Pepe Nero Cooking Torch
Value for money is one thing that you can expect from this culinary torch. More than just being affordable, you also get to have a set of measuring spoons and an e-book.
To be user-friendly, it comes with an easy-push ignition system. Refilling the butane tank will also be a snap. There is also an ergonomic handle so that you won’t experience discomfort even when there is a need to torch for an extended period.
With the safety lock, it will not generate flame unless you are ready to use the torch.
It may be lightweight and compact, but it is powerful. It has an adjustable flame and the maximum temperature at which it can blow is 2,730 degrees Fahrenheit.
7. Yummy Tools Chef Torch
Ever wanted to become a master chef even without being formally trained? The right kitchen tool, such as this culinary torch, will offer the perfect solution. It is easy to use, allowing you to experiment with various recipes.
Being made of professional-grade materials, you can be confident that its durability will not be compromised. It is lightweight and stable as well.
Another thing that you will love in this torch is that it comes with two fire modes to offer versatility. You can choose the size of the flame that suits a specific application.
8. EurKitchen Culinary Butane Torch
Your safety is prioritized with this culinary torch. It has a safety lock that prohibits the gas from flowing unless you are ready to torch. There is also a protective hand-guard.
More than being safe, this is also a durable torch. It is made of a combination of plastic and aluminum. These are not only long-lasting materials, but they are also lightweight.
There is also a Piezo push-button ignition, which makes it effortless and quick to launch the flame from this torch.
Meanwhile, with the gas flow regulator dial, it will be easy for you to adjust the intensity of the flame based on several uses. You can also opt for a continuous flame so that you do not need to hold the nozzle for a long time.
9. TedGem Culinary Torch
Safe and easy to use – these are two of the reasons why this is another top choice in your search for the best kitchen torch. It has a slide safety lock so that gas won’t flow unless you are good to start. It also has an ergonomic design so that you will feel comfortable in its use.
Like most of the options that are mentioned in this post, there is also an adjustable flame. You can customize the heat that the unit produces. The maximum temperature that the torch can produce is 2,500 degrees Fahrenheit.
The main material that is used in this torch is aluminum alloy, which should make you confident about its durability.
10. Iwatani PRO2 Culinary Butane Torch
For a user-friendly blow torch, this is one option that is worth considering. It has piezo ignition, which is beneficial in making sure that the torch lights up quickly. It also offers adjustments not only for the strength of the flame, but for its shape as well. Even the replacement of the butane canister will be an effortless task, which is possible with the push-and-twist system.
The torch is also equipped with a safety plate. The latter will help in making sure that it remains stable.
It is backed by a one-year warranty from the manufacturer.
With the best kitchen torch, you can easily become a gourmet chef without the need to be experienced. It is a handy culinary tool that will allow you to experiment with different recipes. It can even be used beyond cooking! Limit your options to the ten products mentioned above to have the highest level of satisfaction with the purchase that you will make!