Looking for a healthy dinner option with great taste?
Coconut crusted chicken patties might be your best bet. These delicious chicken patties can be made in less than one hour and a great option for last minute meals.
What are Coconut Crusted Chicken Patties?
Coconut crusted chicken patties can be an excellent healthy alternative to traditional chicken patties while retaining all of the great flavor. This entree consists of baked chicken coated with shredded coconut to enhance the flavor.
- 1 pound high quality ground chicken
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 c + 1/3 c almond flour
- 1/2 c unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 c coconut oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a bowl combine 1/2 c almond flour, 1/2 c coconut and salt & pepper, about 1/4 tsp each.
- Mix to combine.
- In a separate bowl, combine the ground chicken, 1/3 c almond flour, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, sea salt, pepper and egg yolk.
- Mix well until all the ingredients are incorporated.
- In a saute pan, melt coconut oil over medium high heat.
- Take about 2 tbl of the chicken mixture and roll into a ball and then coat with the coconut and almond mixture and flatten slightly into a patty.
- Repeat with remaining chicken, up to 12 patties.
- In small batches, place the patties into the heated coconut oil and cook on each side for 3-4 minutes.
- Transfer chicken patties to a parchment lined sheet pan and place in oven for 4-5 minutes to allow chicken to cook through. Repeat with remaining patties.
Try this recipe if you’re looking for a healthy alternative to a classic dish.