Looking to make some air fryer tempeh bacon?
Check out this easy recipe for a healthy alternative to full fat bacon strips!
What is Air Fryer Tempeh Bacon?
Air fryer tempeh bacon is bacon that is a much healthier alternative to traditional bacon strips.
- 4 oz Tempeh, sliced thin (organic, non-gmo, preferred brand: Lightlife Organic Flax
- ¼ cup low-sodium soy sauce (or tamari if gluten-free)
- ½ tablespoon Liquid Smoke
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- Line the air fryer basket with a round piece of parchment paper, just big enough to cover the bottom.
- Slice the tempeh thinly.
- Mix the marinade ingredients in a shallow bowl; add the tempeh slices and let sit for 10 minutes, flipping over halfway through.
- Place slices in the parchment lined air fryer basket and drizzle half the remaining marinade over the slices.*
- Slide the basket into the fryer and set temperature to 350° for 10 minutes.
- After 5 minutes has elapsed; remove basket, flip slices over and drizzle the remaining marinade. Slide basket back in and the fryer will start up again and continue ‘frying’ for the remaining 5 minutes.
- Check for chewiness!
- *You may have to air-fry in 2 batches depending on the size of your fryer basket.
This air fryer tempeh bacon is the perfect way to get all of the flavor of bacon you enjoy without the calories. Give it a try today!